Monday 7 March 2016

Log Cabin

Latest off the needle: a foray into log cabin. It's a super-easy technique and piecing the top was pretty quick. It is 135 x 115cm so is a decent size. All up-cycled fabrics. I'm not entirely convinced by the green/orange but hey-ho.



A plain, whole-cloth back, which looks nice. It has made me wonder if a whole-cloth project isn't on the horizon. My quilting - this is all hand-quilted - isn't brilliant, and the back is even less 'nice' than the front - this is due to a combination of inexperience and my using a rather ad-hoc technique (no frame etc). But it's not awful either. 




I can't quite say why, but I have mixed feelings about this one: a sort of love/hate thing going on. Who knew a bit of sewing would stir such strong and contrary feelings??? !!!!!!

No comments: