Saturday 26 March 2016

Puppy portraits


I did these as a bit of affectionate fun for my wondrous sister Peachel. Luci (on the left) and Jacques.




Like me, she's just turned fifty, after a tough pre-ceding year in which - amongst other challenges and losses - she and her partner lost both of their dear little dogs in very short order.

These are only wee little pictures, the ovals being just 7cm high, but then they were wee little dogs. I already had the frame, picked up at a charity shop on impulse a while back. I stumbled across it when looking for something else, and the size and fact that it was set up for a pair of images was what made me think it would be a nice thing.

It was great fun, even though I'm no great shakes with a paintbrush, and haven't actually done any for a long long time.  But they turned out kind of ok I think - maybe a tad clumsy, but as it turns out I rather like that.

So...I'm available for commissions! Any pet considered...


No comments: