Thursday 7 April 2016

White on white


This white on white experiment got finished up - bar taking out the basting (you can hardly see it in these photos). I might do a bit more quilting around that border. I considered machine quilting this as the piecing is a bit shonky in places and I wasn't entirely convinced by the whole thing, so was thinking it might be good to get it out the way. But, the white on white thing sort of hides my shoddy piecing work, and I think the simple design helped make it go quite quickly. Plus, I suppose I'm getting better/quicker the more I do.


The backing and binding come from the same (now up-cycled) duvet cover, which I have been struggling to 'place'. The pattern/s and colours just didn't appeal but I'm such a frugal old so and so I have been hanging on to it as large duvets or sheets can make for lovely whole-cloth backs (or tops!). That's kind of what happened here, though the quilt isn't particularly big. Lap-sized I guess, at 89cm.






No comments: