Tuesday 23 May 2017

Nuts in May

Painting is proving very absorbing.

Here's a little clutch of hazelnuts.



I really enjoyed drawing this little twist of seaweed - it has a very old fashioned feel about it, but both times I think I did a less than idea job of the top bits. It was a challenge though, as in fact it is really very black and matt, and I have indulged in a bit of artistic licence to describe the form.




And then my mum's - and dad's - favourite flag iris. Most of my iris, all of which come from the family garden, are pale purple. This one is really dramatic and bold, such a deep maroon, as rich and velvety as a victorian gentleman's smoking jacket. This is a work in progress, though the flower is going over so fast in this warm weather it's a real challenge.





No comments: